While we will take part in the earthquake drill at 9.15 am, this is a great opportunity to test our systems regarding emergency evacuation. This will be a bit of an unknown in reality.....
lines will be clogged and email probably down BUT we can simulate the exercise as much as possible on this day. phone
So what will happen
- Parents will get a reminder email and text from the school office at two different times of the day leading up to the 2.30pm
. pick up
- This will allow us to check these systems at our end and also for you to double check you haven't got a new mobile number or email address lately!
- If you are unable to collect your child yourself, you will need to contact someone on your Emergency Contact List.
- Children will remain in
spaces at 2.30 pm. class
- Staff will be at both school entrances with lists of children's names and nominated contacts who can pick the child/
- (If wet, we will let you know where.)
- Parents' nominated contacts will see a staff member who will check the list and provide them with a WBS stamped piece of paper with the child's name on it.
- This piece of paper will be taken to a staff member who is with the children in the class space and only then will the child be ticked off and able to leave.
- We are in conversation with ECAT (After School Care) regarding their emergency systems and will let any parents whose children go to ECAT the lay of the land in plenty of time.