Pages

Monday 2 September 2019

Graci Kim at Samuel Marsden School


On Monday, some of our students were given the opportunity to see Graci Kim speak. She is an author and innovator. Graci spoke about creativity and play. We would like to thank Graci and Samuel Marsden School for inviting us! Our students were buzzing after the experience. 


Octavia: I really liked going and watching her she was inspiring she talked a lot about how you need to stay positive in life no matter what.

Eva: I really enjoyed Graci Kim, she was very inspiring and it helped me look at the bright side of things. she has made me want to try all these other things that I haven't tried before.

Kate: I really enjoyed Graci Kim because it was really fun and really inspiring. She told us to try everything and that’s what I want to do!

Ollie: Today was really fun because I went to Samuel Marsden. Graci Kim gave us a talk and said nothing is impossible. She didn’t really like the word impossible but she realised that impossible is actually I’m possible... mind blowing! 
But one time her vision was blurry then she went to optometrist and they said "Oh No, You need to get the surgery." This was a scary moment for her but she did not give up. The surgery worked out and she was happy that it worked out Because when they took off the bandages everything she looked at seemed like it had a smile. Graci Kim is an author and what I learnt is to never give up.

Nikora: The visit to the college in Karori was really inspiring. The speech that Graci Kim gave, I think it inspired lots of other people there too. Graci Kim inspired lots of minds with her ideas of nothing is impossible she does not like the word impossible she thinks it is untrue. Nothing is impossible and you can achieve anything if you work harder you can be the best you can be.


Izar: The talk with Graci Kim went really good. Graci talked about what she did in her job and other stuff and I really liked it. She talked about nothing is impossible and she hates the word impossible.



No comments:

Post a Comment