Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Eastern Zones Cross Country 2021

Year 5 Girls


We arrived at the Scot’s field. Everyone wanted to eat but it was too bad for the year fours because...

World war 2 all over again, trampling all over each, a fight to get to the front. But before we tell that story...

First the year fours got called up to get warmed up for the race. My heart raced even though my race wasn’t for another hour. “Ready” said the man.

“GO!!” he shouted.

 
Year 6 Boys

Year 4 Boys


Year 6 Girls

Year 4 Girls

Worser Bay Team

Year 4 Boys line up

Our race was at Scots College. They have this amazingly massive green field of grass and I love it because there is some shade, lots of sun , some hills but mostly flat. We had to run three times around it and plus a little more because we had to get to the finish line which was not the same as the start line but a little further on. But I am glad that it was longer because some of the people in front of me were walking by the end and so I passed them but I wound not have if it was a little shorter because I passed them at the end.

Year 6 Boys

Year 6 Girls

Perseverance: I used perseverance when I kept going even though I was really really really tired and I felt like my throat was more dry than a sun dried lizard.

Bravery: I think that I used bravery even by just going to the event and I think that I also used bravery when I actually ran my hardest and did not walk. If I had walked I would probably not have felt so good about myself in the end. It was kind of scary because they said that if you walked then you would have to pull out and quit from the race because it would waste their time!



14 comments:

  1. It looks very hard. I Hope everyone had fun. Go WBS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep pushing WBS!! all the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO WBS! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the running! It looked like you tried really hard! Good running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sun dried lizards are very dry, that must have been very tiring!! Good work, you kept going and didn't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow some speady runers there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go year fours I hope you won that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew,That was a tough race, People pushing and shoving to get to the start line,It's competitive,It's pushy,It's Eastern zones world war 3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the boy on the far right in the year four picture looks very tired, he should be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a very hard race and a tiny bit muddy but I made it thought very fast, i felt so tired after but I was very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you guys. That looks like it was a tough race. You all did so well to cross the finish line. You must have been tried after.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done to the kids who got into eastern zones, it looks pretty exhausting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job! you guys have tried very hard to do this, and it's a great achievement!!!

    ReplyDelete