Pages

Sunday 1 August 2021

Kei te aha tōku whakapapa? Our Family Museum


On Friday, we shared artefacts from our family history. We asked what brought your family here? Were they ‘pulled’ to New Zealand by opportunities? or were they ‘pushed’ by something happening in their homeland? What events in New Zealand History was your ancestor around for? Did they contribute or participate in some way? Would their life have been affected or changed by war, natural disasters, or something else?

What a great hook to begin the next part of our History Inquiry. 


Lillian: I loved interacting with people and telling them about my artifact and its story. I loved seeing them interact with the artifact and hold it. I also loved looking at other people’s things and asking questions about them. Seeing where things come from gives me ideas of how things looked in the past.

Ella: Everyone loved my trunk. There was a lot of conversation about it. I learned a lot about my family when I did the research by asking dad. The museum exhibition was really cool. It was displayed well and so you could see everything. It was well organised with Matariki people going through to see the other classes work first and they came to us.




Some of our students shared their artefacts with students from across the school in their whānau groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment