Pages

Thursday 11 June 2020

Discourse in the Classroom


We are reflecting in our learning groups and are talking about our narrative story writing. 


Our discourse focus this week: 
  • have quiet thumbs (no hands up so we don’t distract others from their thinking)  
  • showing respect for each others ideas because mistakes are a learning opportunity 
  • moving our head and body to look at the speaker.

Tigerlily: This week I have listened really well. I have listened to my learning group when we were doing Positive Purpose groups and thinking of new ideas. 

Stella: This week I have been focussed on our goals. I have been looking at the person talking. An example of a time that I did that was in Neil's Science rotation. We were learning about fair tests.

Zac: This week I have been focused on sitting down and looking at the person talking. An example of when I have listened well is when Neil was talking about planning the day.

Luca: An example of my good listening this week was in a helping circle. We were discussing our story writing.

Olivia: This week I was super focused when Hayley was talking about Positive Purpose Groups. My goal was to turn my body to the person talking.

Kura: I used my quiet thumb and tried to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment