Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Worser Bay Can for Cancer Fun Run 2021



Today we ran the Fun Run in memory of those that had or have cancer and to raise money for the Cancer Society. We also did it to celebrate the inquiry, Healthy Body, Healthy Mind? I have a page on the Worser Bay Can For Cancer site and one of the posts that I did was if you donated $5 to my page, I will carry my bag the whole way. And that went really well! I am really proud of myself for running up the zig-zag with my bag on because it is really, really hard! I dialed up the strength perseverance, zest and bravery because the run was wet and windy. Wellington at it’s best! The beach was so wet and windy that I was struggling to keep upright. (Actually, that is not entirely true, I could walk quite well but I could not run.) The water was spraying everywhere and my t-shirt was wet to the high heavens!
-Amelia G


When I started I knew it would be very hard because we had to run up the zig zag and it was very steep. It was very cute when I ran past the Autahi kids because they were all shouting my name as I ran by. I am very grateful for all the people that donated to me. It will help a lot of people when they are experiencing the worst time of their life.
-Eddie B



I am proud of how I ran all that way and did it for the memory of my grandmother and my aunt who survived cancer during lockdown. I think I did a very good job as well as all the other kids and my friends, I was grateful to have Autahi kids to give us water and Tautoru kids who can cheer us on.
-Aila B
The Fun Run was Phenomenal. It was so fun. We started under a gazebo on the beach, and looped up the zigzag, along through school, and back down the hill. It was the first time I actually ran up most of the zigzag, let alone most of the way. When I got to school I took a cup from one of the Autahians who was offering water and poured it over my face. When I got to the beach I rolled around in the sand and maybe spilt a bit of the sunscreen I had. I tried to climb up Spiney Norman the rock, but, well, I got a bit of a ... Scar ... on my arm. Ow. Anyway. I estimated that I came in the top 30. And I got a cookbook. Anyway. Good times. It was probably the best run I've ever been on, and I think the cancer society need the money! Thank you to all of my donors. I did it for my Grandpa who died of liver cancer, and I want to say well done to everyone else who pushed themselves to the limit, took time to get their costume, and gave it a good effort. 
-Will J









Our teacher, Kath, passed from cancer and I’m happy and proud to raise money for such a good cause. Maybe we can help prevent other losses from cancer with the money we’ve raised.
-Mae S
It was fun but exhausting. The weather wasn’t the best but it was worth it. When we were running through the school the Autahians were handing us water. Then Eli pointed to where we were running. The final stretch across the beach wasn’t too bad. The water gave us all a boost to get to the finish line!
-Charlie D

I ran to help the cancer society and tried my best, knowing that I was helping others, and when I finished, I felt GREAT! I loved running past others, cheering them on and giving them high fives, red in the face and wheezing. Everyone tried SUPER hard and I’m really proud of what we have achieved. It was so cool running past others in crazy costumes. 
-Cleo S
I went really well. I came the first year 4 girl. I felt proud of that. I feel like I am getting fitter. When I got to the finish line, I saw Cleo cheering me. I dialed up bravery and perseverance. I thought I was going to be last! I picked the bluest things I could find in my closet.
-Cara D

He tino pai tō tātou mahi. Great work everyone!

Ngā mihi nui ki a koutou mō tautoko ki tēnei kaupapa. Ka mau te wehi! Thanks to everyone for your support of this fundraiser.






No comments:

Post a Comment