Pages

Sunday 7 July 2019

Swimming - Term 2, 2019

We have had a fantastic term of swimming at the Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre in Kilbirnie. We had useful lessons on different strokes and some of us got to practice special skills such as kayaking, diving and snorkelling. We also had plenty of fun times in the play pool! We are now looking forward to our Senior Swimming Sports in early term 3. He pai ki a mātou te kaukau! (We love swimming!) 

Check out some of our reflections on swimming and photos below: 





I like swimming. I learnt how to properly do my breath stroke kick - Evie R


Swimming has been great. I have learnt how to do all the strokes with the paddles and have got more confident with kayaking - Nell K

I loved school swimming because I got to do KAYAKING! At first I hated capsizing in a kayak but the more I did it I now have fun capsizing in a kayak it was so much fun - Pyrenees S


                                                                             
This term we did swimming and I learned how to stand up on my board (kinda) it was fun and I learned a lot from the lessons on how to surf - Talia TS




Swimming was really fun. I've got better at my breast stroke and I still need to work on my arm circles in freestyle - Olivia C


I liked swimming because I am in a group with my friends but after we get to play and its really fun because we can play tag and be sea creatures - Rhosyn F

At swimming, I learnt swimming on my back, freestyle and duck dive - Sam M

 

No comments:

Post a Comment