Pages

Sunday 28 February 2021

Te Aro School Beach Day



Te Aro School Beach Day - We welcomed our friends from Te Aro School to our wonderful beach playground. This was a great opportunity to get to know our fellow Wellingtonians.



Cleo: I used manaakitanga by including some kids that didn't have a group. It was really fun swimming and doing tug of war with them. I also liked playing football. It was fun making sand sculptures and I got to know some of them more while we were in a group. It was fun playing with other kids and doing activities. It was cool watching them do their karakia and songs like us. It was actually quite funny. Next time I would like to go and have a look at their school.

Ethan: I liked playing football with the kids from te aro school. The teams were fair but then Nik joined the other team and it was hard. I liked doing tug of war with the other kids. The funniest thing was when we did Kids vs Teachers. My wish is that it wasn’t so windy because sand went in my eyes. I met some new people in the sandcastle building competition and football. I showed manaakitanga by being kind to them and helping my friends when they got hurt. I found the sandcastle building interesting because it was about Ngake and Whataitai.

Rani: I met a few people who were working with Mae and I when we were building a sand castle. The sand castle was a fish tail basically to symbolize Ngake. I showed manaakitanga when I was showing some of the Te Aro school people the bathrooms and explaining the rules of tug of war. I also showed manaakitanga when I was playing tug of war with them. I also show manaakitanga when I was going to show them a few games that I have sometimes played at school or not at school including sliding down the dunes, HIde and Seek tag, Chain tag, Camouflage, and the colour game. Also a few ball games in the water that a few played with me and a bunch of other people. Next I think that we should do some more beach things with Te Aro school and maybe invite them to our school and have a day of different activities and games and also going down to the beach for a bit and then back up for more games, The games we could play might be: Ditchies, camouflage, tag, chain tag, ultimate tag, cricket, touch rugby, and the colour game too.



No comments:

Post a Comment