Pages

Thursday 5 May 2022

'Ta Da' Goals to Enhance our Wellbeing

We have been thinking about ways to enhance our Positive Health. We started to make our own "Ta Da" lists. These are lists of things that we will try and do every day to enhance our wellbeing. We are taking small (Kaizen) steps to achieve our goals.

'Kaizen' is also known as continuous improvement or a 'change for the better'. Kaizen is a philosophy we implement at Worser Bay School. Kaizen is a Japanese word. Kai, meaning change and Zen meaning good. The type of change is small and incremental. Small changes in the right direction add up and eventually we are able to meet our big goals.

The "Ta Da" list idea was inspired by Sue Langley, a leading advisor in the practical application of positive psychology. In her 'Walk and Talk with Sue' podcast she discusses “How do small actions and behaviours propel us towards reaching our overarching goals? Research shows that being accountable in one area of our life, leads to improvements in other areas too. Creating a ‘Ta-Da’ checklist of 10 things for 10 days is a great way to start!”




Here are some of the things that ākonga added to their "Ta Da" lists: 

Drink 7 glasses of water

Do 3 star jumps

Run 100 steps

Do 4 burpees

Do 10 push ups

Eat 2 pieces of fruit per day

Do 5 finger breathing at least once

Practise my handwriting for 5 minutes

Practise my typing for 5 minutes

Do 5000 steps

Add 3 new Māori words to my Māori book

Read for pleasure at least 10 minutes

Say 3 things I am grateful for

Write down one Art idea every day

Do 10 minutes of yoga

Do something kind for someone

Help mum and dad with a chore at home

Practise my Maths skills for 5 minutes

Run for 200 steps

Practise the trumpet for at least 10 minutes

Work with someone different in class

Eat all of my lunch every day

Tell my parents what went well at school

Go to bed early (without complaining!)

Practise gymnastics for 10 minutes

Do 10 minutes of walking

Walk to school, instead of going in the car

Draw

Spend some time in nature

Spend some time each day in the ‘Flow’

Climb a tree

Have cuddles with my dog

Attempt the splits

Spend 5 minutes in the garden

Tell my friends a joke

Go rollerblading for 10 minutes

Limit my device time to 20 minutes

Get my heart rate up for 10 minutes

Make sure that I sweat

Bounce on the trampoline for 10 minutes

Practise my spelling words for 5 minutes

Dance!







1 comment:

  1. Great Job keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete