Pages

Saturday 11 June 2022

Can You Solve Our Algebra Puzzles?

We have been working through Algebra Puzzles. We know that accepting challenges and staying with a problem helps the brain to grow. We had an idea to make our very own puzzles!

We came up with a co-constructed success criteria: 

Include 4 or 5 pictures 
The puzzle needs a good starting point 
Include answers on the back 
Make the puzzle 4 or 5 lines 
It needs to include some numbers 
We need to remember to do the multiplication first

Animal Algebra by Violet

Why puzzles in Maths?

1. They develop Critical Thinking skills so that you can problem solve in different situations

2. It exercises the brain. Practising these types of puzzles helps the brain to make connections. It helps your brain get used to focusing on a single problem.

3. It will help you to be a more successful Mathematician. You will be able to apply logic to work out Maths problems successfully.

Sarah Flannery, at age of 16, won the Young Scientist of the Year award in Ireland.
This is Sarah talking about Maths and the role her parents played in her own amazing achievements.

“My parents definitely let me see that mathematics was this beautiful subject. I think a lot of people never even hear those two words in the same sentence.
So they gave that to me, and they gave me, through these different puzzles, where even I thought I couldn't start out on them, they showed me, no, you have lots of tools, and techniques, and ways to visualise, and get started, and you can do it.”


Pet Algebra Puzzle by Greer and Amber

Algebra by Finn H

Pikmin Algebra Puzzle by Henry

Cat Algebra by Nikita

Algebra Puzzle by Cam

Algebra by Alice and Ethan

Dragon Algebra by Tommy

Minecraft Mutant Algebra by Sam

12 comments:

  1. That’s so cool I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi that’s so so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Dante here this is amazing I’m working hard on one like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all made supper cool algebras some harder than others

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super AMAZING:) =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are really cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved making my algeabra!!!👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like camH's one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sam dats cool
    -monty

    ReplyDelete