Pages

Thursday 29 June 2023

Swim Sports 2023

Swim Sports was hard work!


Marlon: ‘Ready,set , clap!’ John’s hands slammed together. I jumped off the side and dived into the pool! I kicked and gracefully swung my arms around in circles. It was the 50m freestyle race. The size of the pool was 25m long so we had to do 2 laps. 1 lap done 1 do go. ‘Slosh’ the sound of water leaking into my goggles shocked me! I shut my right eye and kept swimming. When I got to the end of my first lap I stopped for a second and fixed my goggles. Nearing the end I saw someone getting close to finishing. I speeded as fast as I could and just overtook him to become 3 place!

Fabian: I was getting into the spray pool and Ethan was counting to 20 all of us swam off and played tag. We were playing tag for about half an hour and then we had to go to swim sports. Some of my friends went to the competitive races. There were freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. I didn’t do competitive but I did do the fun races they were freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, dolphin diving,  mermaids, stingray, doggy paddle...

Leo M: “Ready, set, clap” I dived in I was kicking like my life depended on it, my heart was pounding, my head was aching I was almost done the first lap, but I was tired I just gave it my all. I was very tired from freestyle. I didn't stop. I was 4th in the 50 metre. 

Ethan Q: Swimming sports was fun, I sat on the bench and watched the 50 m races then it was our turn. John clapped and we were off. I dived into the pool we swam super fast I did my normal 3 strokes and breath but when I got closer to the end I breathed every 2 arms. I reached the end and I was super happy.

Gigi: Swim sports was super duper fun because we got to do different things like breaststroke, backstroke, dolphin dive, free style, stingray and wheelbarrow. Stingray was a bit hard so I had to turn up my bravery and perseverance. It was hard but I made it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment