Pages

Thursday 3 December 2015

Writing based on "The Day the Crayon Quit"

By Gretel and Eloise

We read "The Day the Crayon Quit" and decided to write some letters in the same style. We have been thinking about writing from a different point of view.

Dear Angelina, 

 It’s your best bear Nici here. I have two things to say. The first one is I am very annoyed with you because you always squeeze me and I can’t breath at all so if you don’t stop squeezing me I will go forever. The second thing is that you always throw me in the air and I land on my back or my face on the ground. It really hurts, especially when I'm on the concrete so please respect me more. 

Not meaning you don’t respect me. 

from your best bear,  Nici.


Dear Charlie...


Okay, I know that I’m your favorite colour, but this has gone too far!
You use me for everything! Words, birds, flowers, even creatures you made up yourself!
I’m done! And just saying, please tell the blur and light blue can BOTH be the sea? They keep on coming to me to get my opinion about who should be the sea! And yeah give orange a try! or... maybe green! They barely get used and I need to be sharpened every week or so! You don’t know how painful it is for your head to be scratched off! I’m sweating! PLEASE STOP USING ME!


Your favorite (yet tired) pencil
Magenta pencil!


Dear Charlie...

Charlie! Tell blue that I am the colour of the sea and that I am always gonna be!
I keep on talking to magenta, and she keeps avoiding me, I guess that she is just shy to say that I am the best and blue is the worst!
And if you check your arts book you have 16 pictures that have the sea the colour of me!
And blue is saying that I’m lying and that I only
have 13 pictures if the sea made out of me! But I DO have 16, and blue only has 14! Tell him I’m right!

From you pencil that’s the colour of the sea
Light blue pencil!

Dear Charlie...

I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea! I am the sea!

Your sea...
Blue! (Aka, sea)

Dear Hanne,
This is me, your ruler. I have had enough of you waving me around and fiddling with me. I've seen other rulers been bent, twisted and even snapped! I am scared out of my mind.
Please show more respect in me.
You're not yet snapped ruler,
Ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment