Pages

Monday 13 April 2020

What have we been up to?

Here's a wee update about what we have all been up to!

We went for a walk around Zealandia before lockdown




Saying goodbye, just before we went home on the Monday for lockdown!




























Jenny

Kia Ora!
How are you? I have been missing our Māhutonga Matariki whanau, but I am really enjoying seeing all your wonderful learning on Seesaw. Especially when you leave a voice message explaining what your thinking was. I am also enjoying reading your jokes and seeing your book recommendations - very cool. 


I am knitting a hat for my friend. I like to listen to podcasts while I knit. It's pretty fiddly at the start and I have to use perseverance and grit to get through. It'll be worth it in the end!
I've also been baking almost every day (I’ve also been exercising everyday). Last night I made pasta for tea. It was yum! Are you cooking for your families?
I am making sure I am staying active and getting out for a walk and doing yoga just like we do at school every morning. It is helping me get ready for the day and keeping my mind clear.

I'm really keen to see more questions go on the science padlet. If you want some help, let me know!

Be kind. Happy Easter!
Jenny

Nik

Kia ora koutou!

I hope everyone is having a magical time in their bubble. I’ve been really impressed with everyone’s home learning posts on Seesaw, it really proves how powerful and connected our learning community is!
I was meant to be going up to Gisborne for Easter, so I’m a bit sad that I can’t go and spend it with my family. How lucky are we to be able to so easily connect through technology though? We have been using Zoom and Houseparty to catch up with friends and family from all over the world - we’ve probably seen more of them than we would’ve otherwise! There are many, many silver linings to this crisis. 
Apart from cooking, cleaning and looking after my wife (who had knee surgery the day before the lockdown started) I have been working really hard on my fitness. I’ve been doing P.E. with Joe, going for lots of runs around the hills and doing a daily press-up challenge with my friends. 
Noho ora mai koutou! Stay safe, be kind and have a lovely Easter staycation 😃
Nik

Nic

Kia ora all, How are you all going? I have loved seeing your posts on Seesaw and hearing about what you have been
up to. It has been lovely to see you all connected socially whilst physically distancing.

I have been running and doing yoga every day since the lockdown. My husband (Nick) and I have
started every day with yoga. It has been a great way to start the day! Running every day is quite tough
but I am enjoying the challenge. Yoga helps me to stay flexible so that I can keep up with the running.
I have also been doing some weights and been on the spinning bike too. 

I have also been cooking. I have been sharing recipes with my brother, Stuart, who lives in the UK.
I have been cooking lots of new things! I find cooking quite relaxing. I’ve been talking with my family
lots too. They are all safe and well. 
I have been looking in my backyard and investigating some of the interesting flora and fauna out there.
I have been surprised about some of the things that I have found when I have looked more closely.
I will be interested to hear what you find in your backyard!

I have also been getting stuck into my personal reading. I am grateful to have the time to do this.
What are you reading? 
Worser Bay staff have been meeting each morning to do a daily quiz. This has been a lovely way to
stay connected!
We miss you all. 
He waka eke noa !! We are all in this together.

Love Nic x




Teuila

Talofa Guys!!!! What's up!!I bet you guys are doing awesome in your bubbles.  I've been doing heaps
of fun stuff and lots of DIY (Do It Yourself) like….

ANT EXTERMINATOR the ants at my house have been staying home too but being real pests so had to make my ant bait to get rid of them arrgghhh!

SHOE DESIGNER look how I turned a pair of plain white converse into Zebra Kicks can't wait to wear them at school to show off my styles!


TIK TOK & INSTAGRAM CAMERAMEN...my daughter Lani trying to do her Handstand Challenge to Shakira music we must have shot a 100 takes and still haven't perfected it!





Do you like my Cactus Top Bun? I think it will go great with my Zebra Kicks lol!!

So get into some DIY, it's so much fun and you'll learn new and fun stuff. Stay safe Peeps miss you all Teuila xx


John
Kia Ora e te Whānau!
We have been really impressed to see so many of you involved in Home Learning and expect we will see
still more of you this and next week.
Being in lockdown has had all sorts of effects, many of them strangely positive.  I have really enjoyed
spending heaps of time with my family. I have been appreciating them and I am grateful for the different
things which they bring to our whānau.  
Louie for example is a fantastic chef!  We have been eating some quite fancy food.  He approaches
cooking much as a scientist approaches an experiment, with a great deal of thought and planning.  The effects are superb! For example one night he made a Lamb Ragout with Pappardelle, a homemade pasta. He cooked the Ragout for about 6 hours!  Mia helped make the pasta dough and then they rolled it out together on the kitchen table. We got dressed up so everybody looked as fancy as the food. 


Lamb Ragout & Pappardelle!                                                                            
Woah! Fancy!

                            
I have spent a lot of time in the garden too.  Weeding, weeding and weeding some more. And, trimming a very large Karaka tree.  That’s where I found the old Tui nest. It has been really hard work but also very satisfying.

I made a basketball hoop for Zico so that he gets some exercise, a challenge for us all.  We have been using a Spin Bike, running and doing yoga to keep healthy.

Miranda had her birthday in lockdown so we couldn’t buy her a present.  I made her a song as a present instead. She had been whistling to the birds, making us all laugh, so I made a song with a background of bird song to celebrate and remember. 
I think that it’s good to keep a creative life going, no matter what the circumstances.  When the weather was bad I was painting, reading and writing. And doing school work because work doesn’t stop just because we are confined to our homes.

 
This is one of my paintings.  Geez John, did you do that at Kindy?

My son Pirimi is in London so we chat to him on Facetime most days.  He gives us recommendations of good shows to watch. His Dark Materials, the Phillip Pullman series on Neon is the best so far.  Absolutely brilliant. The books are even better!
Looking forward to speaking to you all soon. 
Arohanui
John

Cloe


Hello everyone
It’s a lovely day in our bubble.  Tony is working already, hidden behind a screen.
Even so...I miss you, I miss my friends, I miss the kids....I miss the butcher and the baker. I miss the pool (you know how much I love to go to the pool….)

So I talk to people I love.....


Bubbles are short-lived, that’s why they’re so lovely....
So see you soon.
Clotilde

Suzanne

Kia Ora Koutou ,
Kei te pehea koutou ?   We are all good in our bubble and missing everyone !   We have been up to all kinds of things and like many of 
you, lots of DIY !  Lucy and I have been making lots of sweet treats 
and we are waiting to see how our rock crystals turn out !     


We have been working together and practising our te reo maori.  I have done lots of extra study too.
We have also been taking advantage of the lovely weather.  We had the tent up for 2 days before the
wind started. 



Lucy also had her birthday 
lockdown so we had a little 
party for her and she saw 
her friends online.  


We are looking forward
to returning to school 
whenever that may be so 
until then we will be watching and connecting online from our bubble  :-)   


Love 
Suz, Ren and 
Lucy xox

7 comments:

  1. Now every Saturday we do a art thing because we have
    a lot of paper to use. (Mum never uses it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,fancy it's strange not seeing you and not seeing you in shorts

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fun gyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. So appreciative of 'you lot' - Team Senior sharing in such a thoughtful and caring way. I'm not sure about sharing my half renovated pink batt lined room however Nicola, at least you can't see my lack of flooring!! You guys rock! Thank you, Jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have all been busy and enjoying your time in lockdown. I hope we get back to school soon so I can see you all and my friends. Although I am enjoying being at home because I can play with my kittens all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your all having a good time in the lockdown

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you guys seem to have been really busy and having a lot of fun!I hope you have even better fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete