Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Camp Kaitoke 2021


Camp Kaitoke 2021 - He tino pai mātou! As our school karakia says - i roto i te hari, me te koa, me te aroha. Anō o tētahi ki tētahi, kia puāwai tātou katoa! (In joy, and in love, it is together that we all flourish).


Camp Reflections- Rock, Leaf and Stick

The thing that Rocked for me...
The thing I will Leaf behind...
What will Stick with me...

Eddie: 
The thing that rocked for me was the crate stacking because it it something that you don't hear everyday, ´today were going to do crate stacking.” What even is that!! It was a lot of fun. 
The thing that will stick with me was the peppers, (literally, I still feel the spice), and the campfire, that was the second best part of my life. 
The thing that I will leave behind is my fear of heights because I did abseiling and crate stacking because they were both high up.

Anneke:
Stick - I want my new friends to stick with me 
Rock - the campfire rocked because we sang lots of funny songs 
Leaf - I want to leaf behind the noise that cabin 5 made all night


Konrad
Rock: I rocked at the kayaking. I jumped out and got back on by myself and we got to see Hazel (our instructor) to do a loop around and sink. 
Stick: the mud slide will stay with me because it is my last time at camp so I will remember it because it is fun we also had to cross a bridge to get there
Leaf: I will leave the chips there because the chips where as hard as a brick.



Suki-lee
Rock: I rocked at kayaking because. We got to jump out but my shoes/gumboots went sinking a little bit but at the end I got them but I had know idea I had my gumboots on when I jumped in Something that Stick: Sticked to me was the mud in the bridge of doom like my shoe almost came off in the mud but when I got out there was so much water in my shoe/gumboots.
Leaf: I will leave behind my hat because I didn't bring one anyway. So then I used John's hat but then I kept leaving John's hat in my cabin.


Yoichi
Rock: What Rocked? Ok, I'm going be honest, everything rocked… but if I have to choose one thing,  I loved singing around the campfire.
Stick: What will stick with me forever? Everything, then again Nik Mastrovich will go ‘You need to choose one thing!’ so I would say that the thing that would stick with me is… Abseiling
Leaf: What will I leave behind? My fear.


1 comment: