Pages

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Weet-bix Kids Try- Go Team Worser Bay!

Worser Bay had 38 students representing our little school on the hill at the Weet-bix Kids Try on Sunday. This was a huge turn out for the event and it was fantastic to see our community enjoying an early morning start to the day.  


Willow - My favourite part was the cycle race."

Leo K - "I liked the biking because it was fun to ride on the road."


Most of the students competed as individuals, we had a couple teams and some of our younger students braved the Dash and Splash race. It was also fantastic seeing a group of students giving the race a go for the first time. 


Petra - "I was so proud of myself. I have not taken my medal off."
Finn - " It was so good to finish!"
Eddie - "It was great and exhausting but I was so relieved when I finished!"



Our Bravery, Perseverance, and a whole bunch of our character strengths were on display not only on the day but during the many practice sessions leading up to Sunday.


Lucca - "I was the fastest in the swimming pool."
Hanna - "I was really happy because lots of Worser Bay kids were there."
Archie - "I loved riding my bike."


Kura - "I found it interesting that there were so many rows of bikes!"



Thanks to everyone involved with motivating, training and cheering the students along on Sunday. Let's make 2022 another great turnout from Worser Bay School!


1 comment: