Pages

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Being a Digital Citizen

We have been discussing how to be a good Digital Citizen. 

Our School Value is 'RESPECT'

We Respect

  • Ourselves
  • Each other
  • Environment

The same rules apply when we are online!

We respect ourselves online:
  • I make sure that there is an adult in the room when online
  • I report anything to an adult that makes me feel uncomfortable
  • I look after my body and mind
If we see anything that we are unsure about we calmly turn off the screen or close the laptop. This protects other children while we get the teacher. 

If we are not sure whether what we are looking at is ok, we would ask ourselves: 
"Would I be comfortable looking at this website with my parents/ my teacher?"
"Would I do this in my normal life?"

Too much screen time can affect our Positive Health. It can cause:
  • Headaches
  • Neck/shoulder/back pain
  • Eye strain, dry or irritated eyes
  • Reduced attention span
  • Irritability
This is why we LIMIT screen time. 



Positive Health: These students are looking after themselves by looking after their bodies (their backs) while they work together online.

We limit the amount of screen time and spend lots of time moving around. 

We respect each other online:
  • I use my online manners
  • I make comments in a positive and friendly way
  • I support others in their learning
How can you be considerate/ respectful to others when online? What would happen if it was okay to say mean things to other people? What would happen if we didn’t take turns talking, or if we were allowed to shout in class?

We respect the environment online:
  • I take turns when sharing technology
  • I treat all technologies with respect and care
  • I use technologies as a tool, not a toy!


We have systems for how we store devices. 


Please continue this important conversation at home...

1 comment:

  1. pls keep the sutff good and not bad

    ReplyDelete