Pages

Sunday 16 May 2021

Cross Country 2021


Our goal last week was to show Grit. This connects with our bigger goal to ‘raise the bar’. We are learning that it is through our hard work that we succeed. We had to show this at our Worser Bay XC and we challenged ourselves and did our best. We are nurturing our Positive Health. 


"The Positive Health domain focuses on supporting students and staff to develop sustainable habits for optimal physical and psychological health. With the inextricable link between physical and psychological health, we know that practising mindfulness and resilience techniques will promote greater health outcomes. Mindfulness and resilience are also supported by the quest to help students to develop broader healthy behaviours in terms of exercise, nutrition, and sleep."


Yoichi: I think cross country was good because it encouraged me to push my limits and pushes me to raise the bar. When I was running I almost gave up on my second lap but then my friends cheered and said I could do it, so I naturally ran to the finish line.

Eddie: A star for me was doing Cross Country, I showed grit when I was going to Jeffery (the rock), the wind was in your face when you were heading to it.

Olive: I pushed it to the limits in cross country, I raised the bar when I was close to the finish and I was really tired. I ran really fast and at the end I could barely breathe.

Mae: A star for me was Cross Country because I made it into Eastern Zones, but it was also fun having that feeling of Positive Accomplishment after you finish it.

Rani: Cross Country was a star for me because I got 2nd place. I am thankful to my friends because they pushed me to my limits and they made sure that I had a reason to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment