Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Grit

Using Grit in our XC training!

Our goal this week is to show Grit in our mahi which connects with our greater goal of 'raising the bar'. We are learning that it is through hard work that we succeed not our 'innate intelligence'. 

You may have already seen Nic's Seesaw post about our Inquiry chat for this week but in case you missed it, here is a great video explaining what Grit is.


If you want to learn more about Grit you can google 'Angela Duckworth' who has researched and written a lot on the subject.

To Build Perseverance you can:
  • Hang out with Gritty people
  • Act like a Gritty person
  • Listen, watch hear stories about people overcoming hardship
  • Every day think of 3 hard things you overcame that day.

Emelie
What is Grit?
Grit is when you persevere even when things are at their hardest and and super challenging, an example of grit is like maybe you had to cross a river to get somewhere but you didn’t want to cross it and get your clothes wet but you crossed anyway and stuck to it, that would of been showing grit!
To get more gritty you can pretend to be really gritty and tough like the saying ‘fake it till you make it!’ You can also hang out with gritty people and see how they react to things and take on them. Like once at rock climbing I was trying to get to the middle of a REALLY hard course, I kept trying and failing (trial and error) it was really tiring but I didn’t want to give up and my friends encouraged me. I watched them do it to see which holds were good and stuff! In the end I made it (with really tired arms!)

Sophie: 
What is GRIT? 
GRIT is a combination of persistence (which means to stay focused on what you’re doing) and resilience (which means to bounce back and keep going even when the going gets tough) when you have GRIT most things are easier.
How can you get GRITTIER? 
You can get GRITTIER by challenging yourself and trying to get better at things then that's how you get GRITTIER.

Cleo:
Grit is when you have to show resilience and persistence. When things get hard or challenging, then you have to show grit and just push right through it. Here is an example:
Imagine you are doing Maths and you are going really well, and then, when you are just about to finish, you have to face the HARDEST question. That is when you have to show Grit.

I can be ‘grittier’ by:
  • Trying to challenge myself.
  • Making myself feel more confident in things.
  • Thinking of other ‘gritty’ people and trying to be like them.
Konrad
To be 'gritter' I need to practice my football skills better every day at school and at home and also practice my fishing skills so I can catch a Kingfish.

Nikita
I can get more 'gritter' by not giving up like when I do the Weet-bix Triathlon next year I will have to use a lot of Grit.

Sabine
I can build perseverance by hanging out with people who push me hard but not to hard I can also encourage myself by challenging myself in learning and pushing myself far in learning as well instead of doing really easy stuff because I won't learn from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment