Pages

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Lala Rolls' Visit


On Tuesday, Lala Rolls came to visit. She talked to us about the films that she has been making.  She makes short films, documentaries and music videos. These are mostly about Māori or Polynesian culture. Find out more: https://www.nzonscreen.com/profile/lala-rolls We are very grateful that Lala was able to spend time with us. We are inspired by her work! 

Cleo: When Lala visited I was really amazed at how she did things for the green screen and stuff and I am really excited for when we are going to see the new movie.

Yoichi: Lala rolls was interesting of how she made the film, "The Navigators". Though they are still working on it. I can't wait to see it.

Will: I really enjoyed when the movie maker, Lala Rolls came on Tuesday to show us the animated movie she was working on, and about animating and the history of the Māori travellers and navigators.

Sabine: A plus of my week was Lala Rolls coming to visit. I thought what she did was really inspiring because she did it about History and It was New Zealand history in the Māori perspective, not the European perspective. Also it was cool to hear about what they do behind the scenes when their making movies and how much they have to go through to get the whole movie finished.

Mae: I liked having Lala Rolls come over to show us all of the behind the scenes things and how they animated the movie. I liked watching the clips of the un-released movie.

Charlotte: I find it interesting that sometimes writers have to write a draft about 30 times to get it perfect so that it can be turned into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment