Pages

Friday 26 May 2023

Eastern Zones XC


We were very proud of all of our students who went to Eastern Zones XC. They showed wonderful resilience and perseverance.  A big congratulations to Charlotte who got into Interzones. 

Eastern zones was very tiring. It is where year 5 and 4s run 2 laps of Scots College field against other schools in the same gender and year as us.  Me and Soma were going at the same paste and we were sticking together. The order for Eastern zones was year 4 boys year 4 girls year 5 boys year 5 girls year 6 boys year 6 girls.  For characters I dial up was zest, bravery. When worser bay school was waiting for their turn to run we were all saying Worser bay. 
By Cara

Eastern Zone Cross Country was fun and hard because we needed to do three hole laps. It was very hard that may not seem that hard but the laps were long. Everyone ran so fast. It was very hard to keep up with everyone because everyone ran so fast I was very nervous at the start but it is kinda cool because before we started I was very nervous but when we started after about the first lap i started to get very very very very very very very very very tired but i tried hard and eventually got through it and came 44th.
By Tommy

The hooter went off. I shot like a bullet. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was coming first. I rounded the first corner trying to get a big lead as I went up the first hill, my legs were burning as I tried to keep the same paste. As I ran up the second hill I could hear people cheering go Worser Bay. I finished my first lap as a girl from Miramar north school came close to passing me. I speeded up as I could hear people cheering my name.. As I got down the first hill I had moved down to second and stayed there for the rest of lap but fell back into sixth and that's where I finished at the end of the race I thought I’m going to inter zones for my third year in the row.
By Charlotte  

No comments:

Post a Comment