Pages

Friday 12 May 2023

Tramp With Year 6 Crew and Parents.

 Last week a group of about 30 of us braved the wet weather and launched ourselves into the hills.  The Orongorongo Valley has been a popular destination for Wellington trampers for years and we could see why.   The tramp follows a pretty gentle incline for just over 6 kilometres into the river valley.  A further 1.6 kilometres up the valley lies Turere Lodge our destination.  The hut sits on a bluff above the river, a spectacular view of the surrounding hills, in this case cloud and mist covered. 

Damp and Happy!

Torrential rain kept us indoors. According to the kids, some of the highlights of their overnight stay were: 

"Playing boardgames".  Maggie

"Playing games, sharing dinner, bonding and getting to know people" Nikita

"Playing in the river bed on the way back when I found that dead goat" Oscar

"Arriving at the hut, getting dry" Lucca

"The walk in, in the rain, it was so wet and soooo cool. I loved it!" Zen.


Crossing that bridge!

Our Learner Attribute for the term is 'I am Connected' and this tramp was all about that.  I am connected to the environment and the natural world, te taiao, I am connected to my friends and their families, I am connected to our school community, te hapori, and I am connected to my feelings. 

Feeling awe and feeling connected. 


                                             
                                             



At the river.

The team ready to leave Turere.

Misty valley.

One strange guy stayed in a tent. An alien?


On the swing bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment