Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2023

We are Connected!

Our Learner Attribute focus this term is "I am Connected." Marlon and Tommy made a movie to see what we think being connected means to us... 

 

Brindas School

Bonjour, how have you been doing sorry we have took so long to reply 😅

We are connected

We have been connected to nature when we were gardening and pulling out weeds in the garden and helping the plants. When the year 10s and Gabrielle came to help us. We were connected by being with the year 10s from Scots college.

Positive Purpose

We have positive purpose days on Thursday and Friday and an example of that is moving bark chips and sand for the juniors.

Letters

We have written some letters to you, Te Aro school and Zurich school.

The letters will be coming to your school in maybe term 3 or 4. We hope you reply.

Brindas School, We have been friends for so long now and we are happy to reply for the first time in 2023 and ‘merci’ so much for the video and see you later bye 😃😃😃

From Worser Bay School /The Star Gazers
Writing by Marcia and Ethan

We made this movie for our friends in Brindas School in France to say "bonjour."



We have also been connected to our teacher and friend, Jenny who lives in London now. 

Otto: It was good to see Jenny today. We haven't seen her in so long. I wonder how it has been in London. We know that she has visited Porugal, The Netherlands and is going to Italy soon. I wonder how it has been in Britain. Is it similar to New Zealand? 

Chloe: Kids at Jenny's school get told off if they take off their shoes. They need to wear uniforms. It was really nice to see her. 

Fabian: It was good seeing Jenny. We sang to her. I wonder when she will come back to New Zealand to visit. 

Rowan: Jenny, I want to let you know that yes, we are annoying John for you!

Gigi: I wonder what different food Jenny has had in the different countries that she has been to.

Zen: It was nice to speak to Jenny. We would love to hear her talk in a british accent and say something like "A bottle of water!" I hope we get to Zoom call again.

Jasper: It was nice meeting Jenny. I wonder what food she likes in England. 

Amelia: It was really cool to see Jenny. We haven't seen her for 6 months. It was very exciting. I didn't want to leave the call as she has been one of my favourite teachers. I wonder what the kids are like at her school. I wonder if they behave themselves. 

Soma: Jenny said that the coffee is not so good. New Zealand coffee is much better. She is drinking tea instead. 

Amber: I really liked talking to Jenny, but I really miss her. I wonder if we can facetime again... I wonder what life is like in London.



1 comment:

  1. It was so lovely to see all your friendly faces. I loved the songs and all your interesting questions! It's great how connected you all are :)

    ReplyDelete