Pages

Friday 22 March 2019

Positive Education and 'Warm Fuzzies'


Our students took part in a number of activities today around our Positive Emotions, Positive Engagement and Positive Purpose frameworks.

One of these sessions was dubbed 'Warm Fuzzies Art', despite the cute name the students were doing some serious learning about manaakitanga/kindness and gratitude.

The students completed "compliment posters" in small groups, which had the students compliment each other. Discussions about what makes a compliment meaningful, had the kids move away from simply mentioning peoples appearance. They considered 'what is really special about this person'.




"You are a good friend because you are inclusive"

"I like how you never give up"

"I like how kind you are"



The students found this to be an enjoyable experience as they read through their posters and got all the 'warm fuzzies'!





This was followed up by 'sneaky thank yous' in which the kids thought about all the people in their lives (school and beyond) they are grateful for. As a group we thought about people that we know do things to help us who often don't get recognition for their hard work.


"I'm grateful for my mum because she feeds me"

"I'm grateful for my friends because they're always there for me"




No comments:

Post a Comment