Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Character Strengths and the Arts Celebration


At Worser Bay School, we believe in a strengths based approach to learning. Character Strengths are the positive human qualities that serve as pathways for living a good life. Knowing and applying your Character Strengths is the key to you being your best self. 

In some of our reflections last week, we spoke about the Character Strengths that we needed to dial up to perform at the Arts Celebration...

Jack M: I used Bravery because I was very shy. I heard a little stage fright. It was so so so so so so fun! I did a funny script. The light colour was yellow. I was trying my best in the play.

Beatrix: I had to use humor to make my audience laugh more than me. I used creativity for my poem. I used leadership and helped my team practice and get up on stage. I am grateful that Elliot's mum took time out of her day to record us. I had to use bravery when I got on stage & I got a little stage fright.

Billy: 
Leadership: By rounding up my group members for the final practices. 
Bravery: By going up on the big stage and performing our mostly improvised play. 
Gratefulness: By being grateful for the panda costume mum made. 
Teamwork: Me and Nicolas worked together to produce a magic box poem. 
Zest: I used zest in the play by being energetic. 
Perspective: I considered the advice of others and tried to incorporate it into the play.

Kura: I used justise, making sure everyone had the amount of lines that they wanted we worked together to learn the lines off by heart. I used Social intelligence and creativity to make a play.

Yoichi: I used bravery when I was on the recording. I used creativity for the lines in my play with Luca. I used Fairness for having the same amount of lines in the play

Tigerlily: I had to dial up bravery because when we had to get it filmed it was a bit scary. I had to used leadership when I was practising our play when it got a bit confusing. I used teamwork and social intelligence when it got super hard and when my friend got nervous. I used creativity when writing my play and adding extra parts. I was grateful for Scott who set up the stage. Im grateful for everyone who helped with the art celebration. The play went really well it was super fun and quiet funny my play was called "Big Sister."

William: I used bravery, by not getting stage fright when sharing my play and my poem. I also used creativity when making my poem and composing music for numberfrog! I used teamwork when making my play and numberfrog music. I used appreciation of beauty and excellence by appreciating all the excellent plays there were! I was grateful for ethan for volunteering to be part of my play.

No comments:

Post a Comment