Pages

Friday 28 August 2020

WBS Interzone Cross Country Representatives


We are so proud of our WBS Interzone Cross Country Representatives!!

Theo
I was not too nervous in the car going but when we got to the track I was so nervous I felt sick. I started to warm up and got more nervous by the second. I was using courage to do the race. We lined up at the start. I was at the front of our line. The horn went and we were off sprinting down the track. It was a fast race and I was in 7th place for most of the race. I was pacing myself and using perseverance. We were coming down to the last 150 meters and started sprinting, I got into 6th place in the sprint and finished in 6th. I was stoked with the result. I had mud everywhere though, it was a good race and I was very tired. I could hardly walk. I really enjoyed running the race and it was a great opportunity.

Pyrenees
I was very cold and nervous at the lineup for the beginning of the race, while they sorted out the rest of people's places I chatted a bit to the person in front of me then I got ready to run, the person hooted the horn (the gun still wasn’t working). I sprinted up the grassy field and around the corner there was a muddy area you could hear everyone's feet pattering against the muddy ground. I ran the best I could. The course was spread out between 3 fields; there were uphills and downhills along the way. At the finishing stretch I sprinted through the finish I used perseverance and I came 14. I was proud of myself. It was amazing!!!

Ella
I was nervous at the start and then the horn went toot. I was at the back of the pack when I rounded the corner. I somehow got to the front. I was using perseverance to stay up there at the front then 2 people passed me. The most annoying part was the concrete hill that you had to run up. Then we were on the home straight. I ran through the finish line in 5th place. I was happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment