We did lots of drills and then had question and answer time with her.
We learnt that....
- if you want to be a Silver Fern shooter, you need to practice AT LEAST 100 shots a day
- that her nickname is 'eyes'
- it took her 9 years to get into a rep team!!!!
- when someone has their arms up blocking you - just push them down!
- being short is good cause you are nippy and quick
- if someone is pushing you - SKILL ALWAYS BETS ARGY BARGY
- that she is very very very tall
- she travelled NZ, Australia, Malaysia and England to play for the Silver Ferns
Huge thanks to Deb for organising Irene to come to WBS and to all the parents who helped out!