Pages

Thursday 6 September 2018

Binary Code


Today we learnt about binary code as part of our "Beautiful Ideas in Maths" Inquiry. 

This is part of our big idea that Maths meets the needs of people. 

Binary code is a system of representing numbers, letters, commands, images and sounds. Amazingly, it uses only two types of information to do this – 1 and 0. Binary code is at the heart of anything that goes on inside a computer.  

We used our knowledge of binary to crack a code. 

Can you solve this puzzle?







Some of us went on to make our own secret messages and we asked our friends to solve these... 



Alex: I am interested in binary code and how you can use it in maths.

Milla: I’m interested in learning more about coding,make some for my friends and work some out

Nick: Does binary have anything to do with what we do everyday?

Jan: I am interested in learning how you write in binary.

Flynn: I learnt how to decode binary numbers and find messages. It links to math by being code and puzzles and numbers. I am interested in how it was invented. I want to find out how people use binary in other ways than computers.

Daisy: I would like to do more of binary coding in maths because it is really fun!

Jessie: I learnt that maths is fun and creative in the world and nature you can find it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment