Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Student Council: ICT Group update

As part of the Information, Communication Technologies (ICT) Student Council group we have been brainstorming ways that we can help others to learn computer skills.



All of our students are involved in a student council group as it promotes a Positive Purpose. Not only does this have the benefit of helping others, but it is said to be one of the most therapeutic things we can do for ourselves. Mahatma Gandhi is quoted as saying, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”

We have been teaching younger students how to use the Dash robot and also how to use the coding programme, Scratch. We have enjoyed sharing our expertise. 

 

We have been talking about ways that we can become practitioners or experts so that we can help novices to with digital technologies. We have been working with buddies to learn more about Scratch.

Ollie and Finlay: We worked on scratch, we did four things. 1. If you press the B key it will become bigger, if you press the S key it becomes smaller, when it hears a sound it changes colour, if it is on the 25% of the screen it says I like it here. this is what we did for ICT.

James: I am trying to make a game that the sprite can move left to right and jump properly.

Jan: I learned how to use lists in scratch. I think I am nearly a expert in scratch because I nearly can code anything I want.

Angus: I learnt how to use multi colour and use controls as well as creating a pattern behind your character. I also learnt variables so you could get lots of money!!!

Tommy and Hunter R: We made our sprite colourful and get bigger and smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment